Sunday, September 29, 2013

One night in Lagos

Lagos is a backpackers delight on the Algarve coast. Great nature and a great nightlife.

I got in a bit late but headed straight for the main site the beach. Or rather rocks.

This place is spectacular. Yeah I've been saying that a lot lately but believe me.

I am not a beach person but the beach I found made me one for the day. Apparently there is another beach like this one but actually has stairs leading down. I missed that one.

I saw people down in this small cove off the edge of the cliff I was standing on and asked myself "how did they get there."



I didn't see any boats or anything or a path leading down but I knew there was a way.

So I saw a small little trampled dirt area and started down this steep slope. This was it I thought.

At one stage there's 6 feet of rope to help you down. There's nothing here from you falling and going down the rest of the 50 foot slope.

But wow what a spot. The photos speak for themselves.

The only people here were some topless lady, a mom and her kid, and a German couple I got to talking to since I was interested in his camera.

Why is the sand so soft here?!

As for the nightlife well I don't know what changed in the last year but everyone at the hostels I've been at so far were really boring. You tell me watching "Old School" is better than conversing with travelers?

I did go eat a burger though. First one I had here in Europe and it was at a place named in the top 50 in the world called Nah Nah Bah. Pretty cool place. You notice everyone working in here is not Portuguese. Mostly Americans and Aussies. Aussies run this town.

So I befriended the Texan in my room and had a few beers on the terrace with a view out to the ocean. That was my nightlife. But not too bad. I still have Oktoberfest to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment