Monday, September 9, 2013

Next Ausflug

Hey everybody!

So I choose to start a travel blog as I think they're not only entertaining to the readers but also for myself to help me remember the great times that lie ahead of me.  I want to be able to recall the places I went for dinner or the bars I frequented which seem too distant to remember now.

I am no writer but I do hope to be able to entertain people with this blog as well as informing them of all the great places our world has to offer.  Opinions will be expressed to tell things as I see them.  They are not meant to harm any one's feelings.  I want to also explore cliches about the people and places I visit.  Again these are cliches and not necessarily the truth about things.

So why am I headed to Europe this time? A dear friend of mine is getting married on the beach in Portugal and I was graciously invited to attend the festivities.  So why not make a little euro trip out of it? It will be 6th time for me in this diverse continent.

There are plenty of places I have been before but a lot of new ones on the itinerary.


I start off on Friday in a city that has been at the top of my list for a awhile in Copenhagen.  I don't know much about Danish culture as I have not met many Danish people in my life.  I do expect the people to be beautiful as many of the Scandinavian countries are considered.

A few highlights on this trip are of course the wedding on the beach in Tavira, seeing old friends in Paris, Munich, Karlsruhe, and Nuremberg, getting back to Berlin, and seeing Poland for the first time.  Of course throw in Wasen and Wies'n!

I will be couchsurfing in a few places I have never been and thus have no contacts. If you are not familiar with it, it's basically a website that allows you to stay at someone's place for free.  However it is more than that as it offers up the chance to have a cultural exchange with your host/guest.  I've hosted and surfed before and have had nothing but great experiences and have found some friends for life.

I imagine I will have down time on the road to update this along the way and if possible with the limited tech I will have to upload some pictures I will be taking with my Canon.  So see you guys on the other side!


No comments:

Post a Comment