Sunday, October 13, 2013

Prague

I decided I would indeed go to Prague again because well one they have some great beer and two everyone in the Burg was busy since it was a Monday.



10€ for a hostel per night and 19€ for the bus not a bad way to go.

Prague is an amazing town. The secret is out on that one. Everyone I meet seems to have been there already or are going. You will see when you reach the old town how it is difficult to even move. Pretty much every store in the old city is an overpriced restaurant selling crap or a tourist shop selling the same thing as every other shop next to it.

The famous Astrological Clock and Tyn Church
Like I said I can't pass on a good old fashioned hearty Czech meal and some great beer so I ended up going to the same brewpub both nights for dinner. It's called U Medvídku and it brews a beer that is 12.7% supposedly the highest in the world. (Don't know about that) Good but not great. Budvar dark on tap is fine by me.

Dancing House designed by Frank Gehry
Watch out for lunch specials here costing less than $5 for a great meal. The waitress I had however wouldn't let me order off the meal as the people here try and get every cent they can off you. Make sure you always count your change as well.

Like I said the town is extremely picturesque but the tourism industry has really taken the charm away. I think it rivals Paris in terms of romantic destinations.

Unfortunately again everyone in the hostel was American so I avoided them since all they had planned on doing was going on city tours and pub crawls costing €30.  The other group wanted to go to a place selling American style ribs with the beer towers. No thanks. You can get a beer in a pub for €1 and crawl yourself from place to place. I don't see the point.

But wait you get a free T-shirt! I should have reconsidered.

Wenceslas Square/Main Drag




No comments:

Post a Comment